The Peck Law Group $700 Elder Abuse and Neglect Scholarship
Elder Abuse and Neglect is an ever growing problem facing our society today. By informing the public on the signs and symptoms we can help bring a stop to this dreadful act.
Elder Abuse and Neglect Article Scholarship
Articles are a terrific way to display information about elder abuse and neglect as they are interesting and easily shareable. At the Peck Law Group we are constantly moving towards the goal of eliminating elder neglect and abuse in California and throughout the United States. Your submitted elder abuse article may inform thousands of Americans of the signs and symptoms of abuse and can possibly land you a $700 scholarship if we choose your article!
Our challenge to you: Create an article on elder abuse and neglect of at least 1000 words (the more the better). You may use the following facts, or browse our website / the internet for more – be creative!
- AT LEAST 5 CASES OF ELDER ABUSE GO UNREPORTED FOR EVERY 1 CASE.
- APPROXIMATELY 5 MILLION AMERICANS OVER THE AGE OF 60 BECOME A VICTIM OF ELDER ABUSE OR NEGLECT EVERY YEAR.
- THE RISK OF DEATH IS 300 TIMES GREATER FOR THOSE THAT HAVE BEEN MISTREATED
- 2 OUT OF EVERY 3 ELDER ABUSE OR NEGLECT VICTIMS ARE WOMEN
Types of elder abuse and neglect:
- PHYSICAL ABUSE
- EMOTIONAL ABUSE
- SEXUAL ABUSE
Signs and Symptoms of Elder Abuse & Neglect:
- SORES, BRUISES, AND OTHER MARKS ON SKIN
- UNEXPLAINED INJURIES
- CLOTHING THAT IS DIRTY, SOILED, OR BLOODY
- MALNOURISHMENT OR DEHYDRATION
- SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES
- BRUISES OR MARKS AROUND BREASTS OR GENITAL AREA
- SUSPICIOUS OR UNEXPLAINED BANK ACTIVITY SUCH AS WITHDRAWALS OR UNPAID BILLS
- MISSING PERSONAL PROPERTY
- NOT MEDICATED CORRECTLY
- DUPLICATE CARE / SERVICE BILLS
Here’s more information on elder abuse: https://www.premierlegal.org/practice-areas/elder-law/elder-abuse-lawyer/
Here’s what you need to know:
How to enter:
Simply send us an email with your original elder abuse and neglect article to email@example.com and include the following information:
- FULL NAME, ADDRESS, AND PHONE NUMBER
- NAME OF COLLEGE OR TRADE SCHOOL PLANNING TO ATTEND / CURRENTLY ATTENDING
- IF UNDER 18, PLEASE PROVIDE US WITH THE LEGAL GUARDIANS CONTACT INFORMATION
The Peck Law Group will accept original articles from January 01, 2019 through December 29, 2019 (11:59 p.m. PST). The winner will be announced January 29, 2020 and will receive a $700 scholarship.
- ANYONE THAT HAS BEEN ACCEPTED TO A COLLEGE OR TRADE SCHOOL
- STUDENTS ENROLLED IN AN UNDERGRADUATE OR GRADUATE DEGREE PROGRAM IN THE UNITED STATES
Any personal information collected will only be used for awarding the scholarship and will never be provided to any third party.
Please note that by entering the Peck Law Group Elder Abuse and Neglect Article Scholarship you are providing permission to the Peck Law Group to edit, use, and publish all articles submitted.
Additional Resources for Information on Elder Abuse and Nursing Home Abuse:
2018 Elder Abuse Infographic Scholarship Winner
Congratulations to Kathleen Austin for winning our previous $500 scholarship!
Kathleen started at the University of Texas at Austin in the fall of 2018 and aspires to become a lawyer.
Here is the infographic that Kathleen submitted:
We look forward to receiving your submissions for the 2019 elder abuse article scholarship!
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org